- The Marina Industries Association (MIA) as the owner of this website Marinas-24 (M24) and is committed to providing quality services to users and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations in respect of how we manage personal information and how we will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988.
- We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of Personal Information.
- A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au.
- Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information includes: names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers. The information or opinion may or may not be true and may or may not be recorded in a material form.
- M24 collects and discloses publicly the information of those businesses listed on its website for the purpose of performing its functions and activities which is;
- Promotion of the business to potential customers and other users of the guide. This promotion may include providing the location, available products and services, contact details and other information about the business.
- M24 does not generally collect the personal information of users of the site unless they make direct contact through the website or its owner the MIA. In this instance, the MIA will not disclose this information to other parties unless it receives permission to do so or where required by law.
- Listed businesses may, at any time, request for changes to their information recorded about their business on the site by request to the owner the MIA. The MIA reserves the right to reject any change or add content that it does not believe to be accurate.
Marina Industries Association